ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

.XXX Opposition

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: .XXX Opposition
  • From: "Michael Cardone" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 14:33:51 -0800

To Whom It May Concern,

My name is Mike Cardone, I am the General Manager for Vivid Entertainment's
online properties and their affiliate program, Vivid Cash.  The purpose of
this email is to voice my concern regarding the .XXX proposal to ICANN by
ICM registry.  I have been actively involved in the online adult industry
for the past 7 years and have worked with some of the largest adult
companies in the world, including Vivid Entertainment and LFP (Hustler).

My company currently owns thousands of domains and has monthly revenues in
the millions of dollars.  I feel that this proposal places an unnecessary
burden not only on my company, but on thousands of my affiliates who own and
operate their own smaller websites.  In my opinion, this proposed TLD does
nothing to benefit the online adult industry.  Furthermore, I feel that
those backing this proposal either are not even involved in the online adult
community, or the few that are, stand to profit considerably from it at the
expense of an entire industry.

Please accept this email as my opposition for the .XXX TLD proposal.

Sincerely,
Mike Cardone

General Manager
Vivid.com