[xxx-icm-agreement]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

.xxx domain

• To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: .xxx domain
  • Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 04:21:27 -0500

<html><div style='background-color:'><DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV class=RTE><FONT face="Lucida Handwriting, Cursive">Dear ICANN,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV class=RTE><FONT face="Lucida Handwriting, Cursive"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE><FONT face="Lucida Handwriting, Cursive">At first I thought the .xxx domain was a good idea.&nbsp; 
However, when it comes to corporate America and religious fanatics today and how&nbsp;greedy most people, especially in those two groups can 
be today, I now&nbsp;have my reservations!&nbsp; A few years ago,&nbsp; I&nbsp;thought&nbsp;making&nbsp;a seperate domain 
for Adult sites was a great solution, but being in my early twenties didn't have the money or investors to make it 
happen.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV class=RTE><FONT face="Lucida Handwriting, Cursive"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE><FONT face="Lucida Handwriting, Cursive">As the .xxx domain&nbsp;reality 
gets&nbsp;closer a number of things concern me!!&nbsp; A few of those concerns are as 
follows:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV class=RTE><FONT face="Comic Sans MS"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">1) The Government, elected leaders and appointed 
officials of cities, states and/or countries</FONT></DIV>
<DIV class=RTE><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;having</FONT><FONT face="Comic Sans 
MS">&nbsp;the ability to restrict or ban access to adult&nbsp;content.&nbsp;&nbsp;As Americans, we lose more&nbsp;and 
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV class=RTE><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; more&nbsp;</FONT><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">of 
our&nbsp;Civil&nbsp;R</FONT><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">ight's everyday!&nbsp; The&nbsp;internet is not exempt from this kind of government&nbsp; 
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV class=RTE><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; imposed </FONT><FONT face="Comic Sans 
MS">abuse.&nbsp;&nbsp;It is not uncommon for officials, usually led by extremists to feel like they </FONT></DIV>
<DIV class=RTE><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; know what</FONT><FONT face="Comic Sans 
MS">&nbsp;is best for other's.&nbsp; They do not!!&nbsp; As humans, we are born with the right to reason </FONT></DIV>
<DIV class=RTE><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; and make </FONT><FONT face="Comic Sans 
MS">decisions for ourselves.&nbsp; We should never have to give up that right!!&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">2)</FONT>&nbsp;Another concern that comes to 
mind is that of cost.&nbsp; It has been proposed that the .xxx </DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; domains will cost more than $60 per year.&nbsp; 
This inflated price seems outrageous when </DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; compared to the&nbsp;$12 per year that I currently 
pay!!&nbsp; Not to mention, most of the online adult</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; entertainment community manages multiple sites which 
would be very costly.&nbsp; Such an </DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; increase in price seems&nbsp;unnecessary, ridiculous 
and rather unfair&nbsp;especially considering we have</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; neither heard or seen any indication that IFFOR 
will be very different than ICANN is today! </DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;As far as I can&nbsp;tell IFFOR intends to save 
money by relying&nbsp;on online communications</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;technologies as a best means for it's outreach and to 
achieve its goals.&nbsp; This certainly doesn't </DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; warrant such a price increase!<BR>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>3)&nbsp;Creating an environment, where in&nbsp;unfair business 
practices and/or other restrictions</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;could be&nbsp;put into effect.&nbsp;&nbsp;Such as 
advertising restrictions or even Visa demanding that all adult </DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; content be served from&nbsp;the .xxx 
domain.</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>4)&nbsp;As far as children are concerned, I have yet to see how .xxx 
domain would really benefit&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; anyone.&nbsp;&nbsp;The internet much like 
television&nbsp;is no babysitter.&nbsp; Parents should be aware of their</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; children and monitor&nbsp;their use of the 
internet.&nbsp; Filtering software seems much&nbsp;more feasible</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; than a new TLD.</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>As it stands, I feel that a&nbsp;vote of no for the .xxx domain&nbsp;is 
appropriate.&nbsp;&nbsp;Being someone from the industry I hope that you take my feelings into 
account as you vote on March 9th.</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>Thanks,</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>Kelby Tarpley</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE><A href="http://www.eliteboy.com/";>www.eliteboy.com</A></DIV>
<DIV class=RTE><A 
href="http://www.pcsoftwaredirect.com/";>www.pcsoftwaredirect.com</A></DIV>
<DIV class=RTE><FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><BR></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE><FONT face="Comic Sans MS"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV></DIV></div><br clear=all><hr> <a 
href="http://g.msn.com/8HMBENUS/2749??PS=47575"; target="_top">Mortgage rates as low as 4.625% - Refinance $150,000 loan for $579 a month. Intro*Terms</a> 
</html>

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy