ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

I Support the .xxx Domain

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: I Support the .xxx Domain
  • From: Gary Niederhelman <gary_n@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 10:23:30 -0500

To Whom It May Concern,

I am an adult webmaster, and I am writing to lend my support to the .xxx Domain issue. I cite two reasons for my support.

First, in today's internet environment, it is way to easy for anyone to start an 'adult website' that makes sexually explicit content easily available to children. I have in my possession a database of active urls from a variety of sites that have sexually explicit adult content, that is not protected by any age verification whatsoever. Forcing these would be webmasters to pony up significant money to run an adult website would clear a great deal of this up. Furthermore, the ability for national governments around the world to legislate the adult industry into using the .xxx domain will further clean up this catastrophe that endangers the worlds frailest members who are using the internet.

Secondly, the adult website industry has the potential to generate considerable revenue. These same people whom are running freebie websites are grossly plagiarizing the property rights of legitimate adult content providers, and stealing untold quantities of money from legitimate companies and performers. A .xxx Domain extension coupled with governmental regulation will help the adult industry begin to reign back control of their property and revenue streams.

Gary Niederhelman
IronClad Media