ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

In opposition to .xxx

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: In opposition to .xxx
  • From: Lloyd <lloyd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 10:48:04 -0800

Dear Sirs,

I own several adult and mainstream Internet companies, and have stated my opposition to the .xxx TLD on numerous occasions. Today I write for a different reason.

I noticed a letter of support from one Gary Niederhelman of IronClad Media ( http://forum.icann.org/lists/xxx-icm-agreement/msg01450.html ). This caused me to do a search on Google of IronClad Media ( http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGGL,GGGL:2006-38,GGGL:en&q=IronClad+Media ) since I have never heard of them in my ten plus years in this industry.

The results were interesting to say the least. Articles at places such as http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff153049.htm and http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff167003.htm and http://news.com.com/5208-1030_3-0.html?forumID=1&threadID=13474&messageID=222440&start=0 make it pretty obvious that Mr. Niederhelman has zero credibility, and if anything, a stance in the exact opposite of his wishes should be taken:

Form the last link provided:

"Readers take note, Gary Niederhelman runs so called "porn sites". Actually his sites are scams to get gay men's money. He sends unwanted emails and if someone actually takes a look at the site is mislead as to the actual contents.

He makes it sound like his sites are 'personal ad' sites and once a person signs up, they are unable to deleted their information when they find the site is full of profiles that no one wants.

When a person contacts Niederhelman he replies with insulting, rude and potentially illegal answers to why he can not remove a persons profile. He lies about the persons attempts to leave the site. Refers to people as "scumbags who are on the internet looking for free porn", even though it was he who keeps sending emails to people.

When I first contacted him to have my profile remove. I told him I did not want a refund (something like $30), but he still refered to me as a "scumbag who are on the internet looking for free porn". I was not looking for porn, I thought I was signing on to a personal ad site. My membership was for one year. Now MORE than 2 years later, I still recieve emails from him about his sites.

His emails say how to be removed from his mailing list, but following the instructions do NO good!! I have repeatedly attempted to be removed, but I still get emails from his sites. I have not attempts to go to ANY of his sites for OVER 2 years, and after my first week of membership, ANY visits to the site was to try to be removed.

Niederhelman uses prewritten responses for most attempts from dissatisfied customers, with NO regard for what the person has written. Just check out Rip Off Report ( <http://www.ripoffreport.com/results.asp?q1=ALL&q4=&q6=&q3=&q2=&q7=&searchtype=0&submit2=Search%21&q5=Ironclad+Media&submit=Search>http://www.ripoffreport.com/results.asp?q1=ALL&q4=&q6=&q3=&q2=&q7=&searchtype=0&submit2=Search%21&q5=Ironclad+Media&submit=Search ) to see 15 complaints in the last 2 years. If there are 15 complaints, just how many others are out there who do not know about Rip Off Report or did not file a complaint.

I do not dare to put my full name here, because given his attitude, I am concerned about what actions he may take against me. "

I once again state my opposition to .xxx as I have spoken with Mr. Lawley, and now reading up on the only "adult company" that supports Lawley's recommendation, it is clear to me that birds of a feather do flock together, and there is no positive side to the implementation of the .xxx TLD.

Very Truly Yours,

Lloyd "baddog" Brown
President/CEO
SPP-Productions, Inc