ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

NO NO NO TO .XXX

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: NO NO NO TO .XXX
  • From: "Mike Hawk" <smashbucks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 11:28:41 -0800

Dear ICANN Board:

I am taking the time to write another letter opposing the idea of .XXX, as i
said in my first letter this is a very bad idea for our industry! For many
reasons, first being a father myself, the very first time this was attempted
to be passed using the angle of "protection of children" this could not be
further from the truth. I have to ask myself about someone that would want
to sell a business plan using this type of tactic. I take this very
personally having children myself.  The fact is having .XXX will actually
make it easier to find Adult/Porn materials for children, and what i have
read and believe the long range plan would be to "block" the .XXX domains
city or state by state.

I have been in the adult industry for over 7 years, own and operate a
company that pays tax's in the United States of America, and attend almost
90% of the trades shows in the world, not one single person, company owner
or anyone that is involved in the online adult industry has ever said they
thought .XXX was a great idea, in fact every single person i have spoken to
has made it very clear that its a bad idea and is not supporting the idea.
So when the owners of this .XXX say they "have the support of the adult
industry" just about everyone in the adult industry would very much like to
know who that is? In fact if there is anyway to make that information
public, that would be helpful to see just who that is, and to also see if
who they are claiming to be in support still are or even know they are being
part of this.

Someone issued a letter taking quotes from a candid interview of some of my
life, the quotes were taken out context of course, those moments being
discuss were things that happened over 25 years ago.  Also the importance of
the message i carry is of many that do not or will not post there opposing
.XXX just for those very reasons. The person that posted also eluded to the
FBI and somehow being "singled out" for voicing there opinions on this very
important issue. Not sure if this was a planned move by the .XXX group or
one of there "people" doing what ever they can to make our voices are not
heard.

Not sure why after being voted down the first time, this is even an issue,
but again this person and many others do not want or care for the idea of
having a .XXX domain. Also what is very troubling for me is not having
someone in charge such as Lawley who does not know a single thing about the
online Adult business, and attempting to jump in both feet? That would be
like you or myself walking into an operating room and attempting to do
surgery with out being a doctor....the example is extreme but still makes a
very valid point!

So i hope you look carefully at these supposed letters of support he has
(,XXX), and really keep a very close eye on these people spending millions
of dollars to create this .XXX trap on the internet...this will only create
so many more problems in the very near future if this is passed.

thank you,

-- Mike Hawk co/founder Smashbucks.com