ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

vote no for XXX TLD

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: vote no for XXX TLD
  • From: Admin <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 22:49:30 -0600

I currently administer several adult content websites and feel VERY STRONGLY that you should not approve the XXX TLD. Why would you punish this specific industry?

I would gain nothing from it. It would add cost to my operation AND I might be FORCED to scramble for new domain names which would destroy all loyalty and brand awareness I have created over the years.

We go out of our way to prevent underage visitors from getting into our site, but no matter how hard we try we cannot make it foolproof.

Any teenager can go to the local drug store and buy pornography, should those magazines only be sold by stores that are located on a street called XXX?

That's is how ludicrous the XXX TLD sounds to me.

Please be smart, save yourself the embarrassment and the extra work of policing the web. Leave that to others.

Thanks

Kevin