ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

OPPOSITION TO .XXX

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: OPPOSITION TO .XXX
  • From: "Alex Ellis" <email@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 14:16:14 -0700

Dear Sirs

I write as a parent who is thoroughly opposed to the creation of a .xxx TLD.

It is my view that a new TLD will only benefit one organisation, ICM, and
penalise the large number of genuine adult businesses who have invested
$millions in their online operations.

I have read numerous acticles and websites and have managed to find less than a
handful of supporters in favour of the extension.

A question I have is regards to prior rights to a paricular name.

Let's say, for example sex.com - I'm assuming the new owners of this highly
valuable domain name would get automatic first choice on "sex.xxx" (as if
they'd turn it down!!) over the owners of sex.net or sex.co.uk - sex.de -
sex.fr etc etc etc.

This situation would be wholy unacceptable to industry professionals who have
invested large sums in their domain names and effectively give certain adult
websites in the US a blank cheque.

VOTE NO ON DOT XXX
VOTE NO ON DOT XXX
VOTE NO ON DOT XXX