ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

Vote No on Dot-XXX Domain

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Vote No on Dot-XXX Domain
  • From: "tnichols" <TNICHOLS@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 20:40:03 -0400

Please do not vote to establish a Dot-xxx domain on the Intenet!  There is far
too much porn available now, and establishing such a domain will only increase
it.  Porn is not constitutionally protected speech; it is a violation of law
and of morality.

Despite our best attempts to protect him, our son was introduced to porn in
fourth grade, and it continues to be a major struggle for him (at age 25).  How
many more fourth graders must be consigned to such a struggle before we begin
to say no to prurient interests?  I read recently that 95% of boys, yes that's
NINETY-FIVE PERCENT of boys have been exposed to porn by the time they are ten
years of age!  This is an outrage!

Please, I implore you by whatever, if anything, you hold most sacred, do not
make pornography more available to innocent children by creating a Dot-xxx
domain!

Thank you,
Judy Nichols