ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

Vote No on Dot-XXX Domain

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Vote No on Dot-XXX Domain
  • From: "Williamson, Susan" <susan.williamson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 08:31:16 -0400

Vote against a dot-xxx domain.

The only people who will benefit from this will be those involved in the
porn industry by generating millions of dollars more revenue for them.

The rest of us will have to pay.... Pay for the addiction it causes, for
the broken families and marriages it causes, for the people who become
pedophiles and prey on our children, for the extra law enforcement to
capture and convict the pedophiles and to help women and children forced
into the sex trade industry.

There will be a terrible ripple effect from this, if it is allowed, of
the likes you don't even know.

How does proliferating pornography protect kids from it? They are
exposed to enough of it already on TV and in magazine advertising.

A parent can only do so much with the explosion of all the different
media that is out there today. It's not just the computer, but it's also
MP3 players, cell phones, movie advertising, TV and radio.

What is absolutely appalling is that the porn industry violates federal
law. Would we even consider a 'dot-drugs' where people could sell
illegal drugs? This is giving an air of acceptance to an industry that
is violating federal law. This is despicable to me!

Sue Williamson