ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

Vote No on Dot-XXX Domain

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Vote No on Dot-XXX Domain
  • From: "Jarrod Flaming" <jflaming@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 07:09:54 -0700

As a father, I would like to ask you as a committee to vote NO on the .xxx
domain issue.

I believe that having this pass would give parents and law enforcement
agencies a false sense of security – and could double the number of porn
sites.  I think that pornographers, who would not be required to move their
sites to the new domain, would just make dot-xxx copies of their sites.

Since this is the third time you have voted on this issue since 2000, I
believe that the only reason this continues to come up before ICANN is the
desire for the money that would be generated.  As you know, with more than a
million porn sites, the $60 annual fee would bring in more than $60 million
a year, not to mention groups, corporations and individuals outside the
pornography industry, such as Microsoft, who would likely license
Microsoft.xxx to protect itself.

Please do not pass this vote on the all-porn dot-xxx domain.

A Father of 3,

Jarrod Flaming, MOS
jflaming@xxxxxxxxx
328 Encantado Ridge Ct. NE