ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

Oppose Dot-xxx domain

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Oppose Dot-xxx domain
  • From: <kenneth.b.leroy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 18:36:56 -0400

ICANN,
I strongly urge you to vote against a dot-xxx domain.  “Some parents think
filters will be the end-all, be-all for their kids. That’s not going to be the
case, by any means. Some parents will be less vigilant.”

Phil Burress, president of Citizens for Community Values in Ohio, agrees.

“The whole idea behind dot-xxx is to have the hard-core pornographers move to
their own domain. Anyone who thinks the pornographers are going to cooperate…
that’s not the case,” he said.

“Would we even consider a 'dot-drugs' where people could sell illegal drugs?
It’s giving an air of acceptance to an industry that is violating federal law.”

Sincerely, Ken LeRoy, 814 Stony Drive, Newport News, VA 23608,
kenneth.b.leroy@xxxxxxxxxxx