ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

Vote No on Dot-XXX Domain

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Vote No on Dot-XXX Domain
  • From: Dick Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 10:33:57 -0800

Gentlemen:

I understand that you will be voting again tomorrow whether to open a ",xxx" domain on the Internet. I urgently request that you do NOT take such action. This would not reduce the amount of pornographic material on the Net; it would only proliferate additional sites dedicated to that purpose.

There is already too much porn readily available without making it appear to be legitimate. Please think of our younger generation who do not have the willpower to keep away from such sites.

Thank you very much for voting No on the .xxx proposal.

Sincerely, Dick A Mack