ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

Content Rating

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Content Rating
  • From: Hilary Palmer <sargenthp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 05:33:02 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

This is my thoughts...

In stead of setting up a .xxx domain; I feel that each web page needs to have
an rating attached to it kind of like the movie or gaming rating.  This rating
could be placed in the META tags of the web page.  Then the browsers (and
possibly firewalls and routers) will need to move forward with this standard as
well.  Then what I envision is that we have an option like we have for TV,
where you set the level of content that you will allow seen without a
password/passcode.

After a couple years down the road... make the rating to be required on all web
pages.  If that rating is not set, automatically put it to an adult rating.  If
the rating is set at a lower level than it should be, a lawsuit could be opened
for illegitimate web sites.

With this kind of solution I can prevent my children from getting to teen
sites, once they are teens I can open up the teen sites, and once they are of
age I can unlock everything if I wanted.

Thanks,
Hilary Palmer

Let's go GREEN... Ask for Butanol as fuel replacement and Bio-Diesel as diesel
replacement.