ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-tld-agreement]

I am against .XXX

  • To: <xxx-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: I am against .XXX
  • From: "JODY CROCKETT" <CROC@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 16:40:15 -0700

  I am against .xxx
It is my opinion that .xxx does not benifit anyone other than the registrars.
I believe that .xxx would not serve any purpose.  I do not see how a site
having a .xxx domain would make it safer for kids to surf the net.  What's the
diffrence between fuck.com fuck.org or fuck.xxx, after all, it's still fuck no
matter how you look at it.  I have spent a great deal of time, effort & money
to brand my domains, & for you to make it so that i must have .xxx will kill my
efforts & send me back to the to the beginning.  Sure .xxx would be an
excellent idea if it were by choice, & registrars would still make alot of
money, but making it so that I have no choice is not sitting well with me.
Icann has no business telling me what I can or can not do with my domains..  If
I want to have naked women aving sex on fuck.com or cunt.com or slut.com, then
so be it.. that is my business & making me get fuck.xxx cunt.xxx etc is not
going to change anything.. people will still go to google, yahoo, ms etc & type
in the word fuck.. do you think fuck.xxx is going to stop someone from
visiting?  I am a small webmaster making some extra cash as an affiliate.  .xxx
would kill my business & that means only the large adult companies will
overcome the difficulties that .xxx will create. .xxx will not stop kids from
seeing porn.  Kids will just type in everything they can think of with the .xxx
domain.  There are several protective measures already in place such as
registering all my domains with filter softwares & labeling my sites with ICRA.
 .xxx is about nothing but more money for Icann & registrars.  If .xxx passes,
there will certainly be many lawsuits due to competition created over the use
of particular names.  If .xxx passes, Icann can certainly look forward to
handling many domain disputes.

Get your own FREE Global Mail account now! -- visit http://www.ablewise.com