ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-tld-agreement]

ChasingBooty.com rejects .XXX as both an adult webmaster and more importantly, as a parent.

  • To: xxx-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ChasingBooty.com rejects .XXX as both an adult webmaster and more importantly, as a parent.
  • From: Chase Reyes <chasingbooty@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 20:37:16 -0700 (PDT)

I am a businesswoman, and as such, I can plainly see that the only effect a
.XXX approval will have on business people like myself is a negative one.  I
strongly object to the statement made by the ICM Registry that the adult
industry supports their proposal.  In fact, I have watched and participated in
dozens of conversations among my peers in this industry about this proposal,
and from my observation, it is ludacris to even suggest such a thing.  The only
business that will benefit from this proposal is the ICM Registry itself.
Rewarding an entity that slyly introduces a new TLD in sheeps clothing is just
as absurd.

If the move to .XXX is proposed to be voluntary, then how can it possibly
succeed in what is purported to be its main goal-protecting kids from
inappropriate materials?  One could choose to participate in the segregation,
or not, and those that choose not to will have an advantage that leads me to
believe very few will volunteer for the move to .XXX.

And what if it is mandatory?  Well, aside from the assurances the ICM Registry
is attempting to make to the adult industry, the fact is that would be
unconstitutional.  However, in the current political climate, what with the war
on terrorism and a push for "family values" cloaking what is really
happening..a systematic stripping of our constitutional rights, it is far from
alarmist thinking to fear the first amendment taking a backseat to political
agenda.  Funny enough, even those with political agendas against the adult
industry oppose the .XXX proposal, as well as foreign bodies such as the
European Union.

You must ask yourselves what the objective is.  Is it to censor, or is it to
protect?  If you support the very foundation of our nation; the right to free
speech, there should be no question.  The objective is to protect children.
This proposal will not succeed in that mission, as I've explained already.
What will?  Creating a child-safe tld, such as the .KIDS tld that has
previously been suggested.  What too many people assume is that the internet is
for kids.  It is just like tv; there are things that are inappropriate for
children, and it is the parent's job to determine what is acceptable, and to
shield their children from what is not.  A .KIDS tld will make that easier for
parents.  Far easier then filtering out the .XXX tld as well as policing all
the other domains for adult material, which is what will happen is the proposal
is approved.

I respectfully request that you deny the .XXX proposal.

Sincerely,
Chase

Like chasing tail? How 'bout Chasing Booty?
Come experience the thrill of the Chase ~ at ChasingBooty.com.