ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] ccNSO comment, draft 2

  • To: alac@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [alac] ccNSO comment, draft 2
  • From: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 09:06:10 +0200

Second draft incorporating comments from Thomas and some revisions of
mine. (Erick, do you have words for your proposal?) Deadline is today,
so please send any further comments asap.

DRAFT
Interim At Large Advisory Committee Comment to the Fifth Supplemental
Implementation Report of ICANN's Evolution and Reform Committee

The Interim At Large Advisory Committee supports the idea of a Country
Code Names Supporting Organization.

Particularly, the creation of the ccNSO will bring great opportunities
in terms of global outreach, enhancement of diversity, and ability to
foster productive exchanges of views, opinions and experiences among
different Local Internet Communities and between them and ICANN.

The ALAC looks forward to constructive and open dialogue with the
ccTLD community.  We welcome the report's suggestion to provide the
ALAC with an opportunity to appoint an observer to the future ccNSO
Council in order to foster the dialogue between the ALAC and the
ccTLD community.  We believe that that dialogue could also be helped
by having a ccTLD liaison participate in our committee's work.  We
hereby invite the ccTLD community to engage in an exchange of
observers and liaisons at its earliest convenience.
--
vb.                  [Vittorio Bertola - vb [at] bertola.eu.org]<---