ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] Notes from GNSO Council telephone conference.

  • To: alac@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [alac] Notes from GNSO Council telephone conference.
  • From: Thomas Roessler <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 15:38:57 +0200

A few notes from today's GNSO council telephone conference, as far
as we're concerned:

- The GNSO's WHOIS Steering Committee is to be convened in Montreal,
  and may meet there to digest results from the public forum (aka
  WHOIS workshop). Constituencies should appoint one to two members,
  not necessarily council members.  We can send a liaison and (if we
  want) an alternate liaison.  It's not yet clear who'll chair that
  committee; while there was some discussion about an external,
  neutral chair, no consensus was reached on that.

- The GAC has asked for a meeting between its gTLD working group
  (which covers all gTLD topics except WHOIS) and the GNSO Council.
  That meeting will probably happen early on Monday morning (June
  23) in Montreal.

Other than that, there were lengthy procedural discussions and a
vote about quorum requirements for the council.

Regards,
--
Thomas Roessler                        <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>