to ICANN
  • To: <stld-rfp-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: to ICANN
  • From: Julie Talen <jtalen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 00:02:30 -0400
  • Cc: <yappelbaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <jperello@xxxxxxxxxx>, <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

to ICANN:

I am requesting that you accept the "Sponsored TLD Application" for .NYC
from Name.Space, on behalf of New York City and its Citizens.  Name.Space
will donate the .NYC TLD to New York City in exchange for acceptance and
status as operator of the registry services for .NYC.

I know that Name.space's founder, Paul Garrin, has worked very hard to open
up the naming suffixes in the Internet, and his farsighted creativity in
this realm, along with his public-minded approach to its profits, deserve to
be recognized and acknowledged in the administering of this domain.

Thank you,

Julie Talen
426 Broome. St.
NY NY 10013