Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: rambler
Date/Time: Fri, March 23, 2001 at 7:08 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Subject: Re-consideration Request for Image Online Design's .WEB TLD Application

Dear Distinguished Members of the board,

The reconsideration committee has spoken.  They have recommended you take no action with respect to Image Online Design's reconsideration request, which I fully agree with, and here is why:

1.  First of all, Image Online Design has NO PROVEN TRACK RECORD that they can run a registry.  Only limited testing in private environment has been done, finanical backing is unsufficient, and more importantly there is NO support for this company from the internet community at all.

2.  Finally, I am not sure if you all can appreciate the spirit of  competition.  If you, the ICANN Board members appreciated it, then you would never have "reserved" .WEB, but instead given it to Afilias, L.L.C during this proof of concept phase. This would have increased competition with VeriSign/NSI's dominant .com, as is in a much better position that .com for it represents ANY world wide web content.

So much is at stake here...Your actions must be measured, but no so much as to choke off any advancement!!

That is all and I sincerely hope my feedback will be heard.

Richard Ambler

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy