Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: S. Hudgens
Date/Time: Fri, March 23, 2001 at 6:12 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Subject: Please reply with facts.

The only truth in your post was the fact that .web would strongly compete with the dominant .com.  I am pleased that you seem to understand that .web clearly is more applicable to WEB content than .com.

However, beyond that point, you presented information that is best described as something I would scrape off the bottom of my shoes after a pleasant walk through a pig pen.  Even the ICANN board members you say hope read your thesis would be hard-pressed to agree with you.  After all, the truth is the truth, even if you don't want to believe it.

So, I issue you a challenge.  Please present information to show us all that:

1) "IOD has no proven track record for running a registry."  For your assistance, I will direct you to www.webtld.com, which will take you to a nice, running registry containing over 20,000 REGISTERED .web domains.  Where I come from, a registry is a place where one registers domain names.

2) "IOD's financial backing is unsufficient." Whatever 'unsufficient' means...I assume you meant 'insufficient'.  Show us the proof you have.

3) "IOD has no support from the Internet community."  I will point out that no other TLD applicant had more support from the Internet community, so I question why you think this is even an issue.  Show us the numbers that substantiate your claim that IOD has no support from the Internet community.  In your reply, please list how these numbers compare with other applicants, such as Afilias.

We all look forward to viewing the information you will present.  I am certain you have reams of data that have somehow been unavailable to every other person who posts here.  In my opinion, we should be thanking you, because you accurately represent the majority of the anti-IOD group that has posted here in the past...a group of people who spew statements as fact, yet never seem to be able to back them up.  Please do occasionally post, lest the rest of us forget the caliber of people we are up against.

S. Hudgens

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy