Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: InternetAdvocate
Date/Time: Wed, July 11, 2001 at 11:29 PM GMT (Wed, July 11, 2001 at 4:29 PM PDT)
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows NT 4.0
Subject: My Proposal that was referred to by Friedrich.

Friedrich wrote: "If all the existing alternate root registries are added under xyz.us and .us needn't be entered into the browser, then your suggestion offers a really viable solution. If a second registry wants to offer .com addresses, it must choose .com.ca for example, which would have to be entered entirely (not simply .com, as with .com.us).  I think I finally understood your proposal and I definitely think it has its merits."

Clarification: I proposed that all existing MAIN root registries append '.us' CC-TLD to their G-TLD's [converting their G-TLD's to SLD's within the '.us' CC-TLD].  The default would be '.us', so there WOULD NOT be any need to change their marketing.  This would apply to .com, .net, .org, .mil, .gov, .edu, .biz, .info, ... in the MAIN root.

I also proposed that the ALT roots append any CC-TLD [except '.us'], for example '.eu' CC-TLD, to their G-TLD's [converting their G-TLD's to SLD's within that CC-TLD, for example '.eu' CC-TLD]. 

Any alt root G-TLD entered without a CC-TLD appended would default to their competitor in the MAIN root, so there WOULD be need to change their marketing.  However, there are very few alt root TLD's compared to MAIN root TLD's. 

Those companies [with alt root TLD's] will have marketing problems ANYWAYS with I.C.A.N.N. TLD's conflicting.  My proposal ELIMINATES such TLD-conflicts, unifies all roots, and removes I.C.A.N.N. from the TLD selection process entirely!

Isn't that what all those alt root fans want???

Friedrich replied in this thread to my proposal in another thread.  See the link below for that proposal.

Link: My Proposal that was referred to by Friedrich

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy