Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: cgrady
Date/Time: Fri, September 7, 2001 at 11:50 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V6.0 using Windows NT 4.0
Subject: 4,294,967,296 unique IP addresses and you can't gain access to two?

You need to learn a little about dynamic IP addresses. You can do so by reading the attached article linked "Info about dynamic IP addresses" (link provided below) if you have no idea what I'm talking about.

There are no fewer than 4,294,967,296 unique IP addresses on the Internet. (That's Four Billion Two Hundred Ninety Four Million Nine Hundred Sixty Seven Thousand Two Hundred Ninety Six.) ... and there are tens of thousands of ISPs.

I think it's fair to say that even the most inexperienced user is capable of gaining access to at least two IP addresses without them even knowing they've done it, even on different networks. It the nature of how almost every ISP works ... they issue users a random IP address when they log on.

>> you still haven't even dented my arguements, much less slicer's. all you did was nit-pik on some of the most irrevalent points in my refutation.

What would you have me comment on, your insults or your attempts at harassment? That's not what this discussion list is about.

I'm still waiting for YOU to do something besides defend Slicer. That's all you've done thus far.

You think you're being unsettling and manipulative when all you're doing is displaying your pent up frustration with your own life. The Internet is the perfect place for people to hide behind anonymity and pour their frustrations through their keyboard.

Regards,
Chris Grady
President
Vieodata, Inc.

Link: Info about dynamic IP addresses

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy