Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: antipodes
Date/Time: Sun, September 16, 2001 at 9:45 AM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.74 using Windows 98
Subject: DomeBase request

Dear Bob,  I am hoping that I have misinterpreted your last mail, as it has me feeling that you have decided to walk away from the fight we are engaged in. If I am wrong, then that's OK, I am used to making a fool of myself.

We can't afford to lose your knowledge and experience and your usual moderate ways.

So you vented - hells bells mate - you are a passionate man  - this is a forum for passionate people fighting for an equitable and achievable solution for a sorry and preventable problem.

So you vented - in the face of the unprincipled tricks of Afilias, the three monkeys act of an apparently equally unprincipled ICANN, the hyenas amongst the registrars and our quota of loons who visit the forum to post "ha ha has" and "I told you sos".  Is it any wonder you vented - what we have had to take would test the patience of a saint - which you are not.

Buddy, we can't afford to lose your talent - after all you are the only one from the forum I am aware of whose suggestions are circulated around ICANN gauging by the GA mails I have read.

I hope that if you have decided to leave, then the desire to try to right a litany of wrongs will bring you back.

Best regards
(If you don't return soon, I will begin to make a pest of myself.)      

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy