Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: antipodes
Date/Time: Mon, September 24, 2001 at 1:39 AM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.74 using Windows 98
Subject: Richy - none of the registrars who are now feeling the heat

should get special favours and be removed from the honour board of theinternetchallenge.com  - heaven knows - none of the registrars drawn into the corrupt culture of ICANN and Afilias did us any favours did they?  From memory, I am still out of pocket a lot of money, had business plans completely exploded, had no end of grief with the credit card, and until Afilias announces a halt to Landrush or solid plans for a Landrush 2, then my lottery tickets are still worth didly squat.

It was and remains fixable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really don't care at this stage how bad the honest registrars are feeling at the moment - until they declare that they are on our side as some have done, then we assume that they are on the side of Afilias and remain guilty by association and deed.

If any good has come from the the Afilias .info rollout events, it is the exposing of the business and political bedfellows whose job it was to enhance a stable and sustainable Internet - instead that have bought the regulatory authority into disrepute and just about destroyed what could have been a fine extension.

Heaven help the Landrushers - because it seems that Afilias and ICANN won't.     

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy