Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: saskia
Date/Time: Wed, October 3, 2001 at 4:20 PM GMT (Wed, October 3, 2001 at 5:20 PM CET)
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V6.0 using Windows 98
Subject: Dotster say "by friday"

I received two answers:

”The .Info Registry has been overwhelmed because of the launch of the .info domains.  Because their system could not handle the response, they had to shut down the Registry so no Registrations or name server updates are going through. They should be fully functional by this Friday.”

and

”I am sorry Hakan but because of the overwhelming hits that the .info Registry has been taking since they went live, we have no way of modifying records.  We will be able to modify it when the Registry comes back up.  It should be up by Friday.”

I also received this information from Dotster:

”There have been some unforeseen anomalies with the new release of the info domains.  The open registration began at 12:00pm PST. The name servers have been heavily loaded and the Afilias registry has not been accessible for the checking of availability.  Our options were to either show EVERY domain for info available or NOT available.  In effort to allow our customers access to the registration process, we have opted to show all info tlds as available.  There will be many orders placed for info domains that are already taken.  Unfortunately, we will not even be able to send failed order notifications in the timely manner in which we prefer.  The only true way to check the availability at this point is to http://websvr02.afilias.info/index.html
I wish we had a more suitable solution, but this is the only way we can limp through until all registrars can access the info registry upon the initial registration process.

PREREGISTRATION FOR INFO
The process of bidding is complete and the domain owners have been selected.  We are still in the process of doing all the billing to the large number or our customer's who have successfully bid on their domain.  However, this is a lengthy process and we will not be able to list each recipient of the domain until we have successfully billed their credit card.  This means that if you go to the .Info Whois and it says that Dotster is the Registrar, you have not been billed.  This entire process for all of our customers should be complete no later than Wednesday afternoon.  At this time, all awarded domains will have the correct owner information and be in the correct account.”

-- Håkan Hansson

Håkan Hansson
Programbyrån AB
Sweden

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy