Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Elvis
Date/Time: Fri, October 5, 2001 at 10:16 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Subject: You won't believe this.

Scanning through names in the Afilias whois, I found it strange that biz.info had not been registered, I thought this would have been a reserved name, but as it was not showing up, I thought that maybe it wasn't.  That being the case, I decided I would try and register it as soon as Afilias went live.  I did so at the three registrars that I found to be taking registrations during this turbulent period, NameSecure, NameBargain and Speednames. 

After some days checking the whois, biz.info finally showed up registered to Barbara Bowen, darn I thought.  I thought it strange that the registration time did not add up in relation to my submissions of other successfully registered domains, because it seemed I beat her to it, but stranger still, the Tech Admin Contact details were the same as the Tech Contact details showing in the whois on one of my successful registrations.  The Tech contact details were not related to either of us. 

It seems Ms Bowen and I both registered this domain though Namebargain.com, I'm not slagging them off coz they finally got round to giving me a refund on this and other domains.  But, the odd thing is, I've just checked the Afilias whois again and guess what!  Afilias now own biz.info (same time of reg as before) and I just checked out who they registered it through.  Namebargain.com! 

Is it Afilias policy to register their domains through this company?  All very strange! Poor Ms Bowen, she briefly owned a very valuable domain.  I am tempted to tell her as I have her email but I would think she already knows and is still jumping up and down as you read this.      

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy