Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: richard_henderson
Date/Time: Mon, October 8, 2001 at 11:19 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Subject: Who is Plankenstein?

From an e-mail I received on 8th September:
(The information is not mine but the writer of the letter seems to know what she is talking about, and has posted to this forum quite a bit recently):

"Thank you! Well, it is really incredible! If Afilias does not act against that one, then their credibility is gone.

The most striking is Plankenstein's interview published in Tirol.online. You have probably seen on ICANN Watch the summary in English, but I have read the entire text in German. I could not believe my eyes. I have rarely seen such an arrogance. The guy who is the director of Tiscover (his name is not Plankenstein, probably a fictitious name, but Ebner - it is a really existing, and apparently even well-reputed, tourism portal) makes no difficulty to admit that he had no TM! and that the alleged TM numbers were just randomly selected! His argument: anyway, many of those names would have been taken during Landrush period! And he adds: if people are not happy, they can challenge us! What a message!!!

You remember my comments about his strategy, and I think I was right: that guy is certainly aware that he will be challenged for a number of domains. He won't even attempt to protect them, since he knows that it would be a loss of money (but the people challenging him will have each time to pay money, what a shame!). Then he may lose... well 200? 300 domains? and he expects to get away with more than 4,000. Good business at the end for him. But undecent and dishonest!

If Afilias is serious, they have to take away all the domains of "Plankenstein" (no challenge even needed) without a compensation, since he admits publicly the fraud and seems even proud of it. If they don't act (and I cannot imagine them challenging each of those hundreds of domains individually...) - then it will be the proof that crime pays... Sad, sad, sad...

Well, I am curious to see what will happen next...

(If you don't have the link to the Tirol online article, let me know, and I will send it to you - but I won't have access to my e-mail for the next 24 hours, so be patient.)"

END OF e-MAIL

Tiscover is a well-known Austrian company with a reputation they need to defend. Are the facts above true? If they are not, will Mr Ebner or an associate please inform us. If they are true, will Tiscover now protect its reputation by renouncing all the names and demanding that Afilias delete them all.

THIS IS MASSIVE FRAUD !!!!!!!!!

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy