Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: antipodes
Date/Time: Wed, October 10, 2001 at 9:20 PM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.74 using Windows 98
Subject: alternatives to Landrush II will be gross CORRUPTION

I note in the article to which DomeBase refers, LaPlante mentions a "second land grab" without clarification or confirmation that it will be only for those of us who bought Landrush preregistrations for the disputed names.  Quote below:

"If someone's application does go to WIPO, they will have 20 days to
reply with evidence of trademark or the domain will be put into a pot
for a second "land grab" in February/March. The names will be
published on the Afilias site, Mr La Plante told us."

Everyone should remember that Afilias/Afilias approved registrars sold Landrush preregistrations for names (heaven knows how many times) and then sold preregistrations for the same names which Afilias subsequently Sunrise registered without checking whether the applications were fraudulent.

Would a competent, responsible company have done this?

If it is now Afilias's plan to make the 10,000 plus fraudulently registered names available in a manner different to a Landrush II for only those still holding Landrush I preregistrations, then Afilias will stand condemned forever for its greed.

Would an ethical and accountable company do this this?

It is a disgrace that Afilias has yet to make an official announcement on this matter.

The registry "where the world once went for information" is the world's worst communicator.

If we have anything other than a Landrush II for Landrush I preregistration holders - then the corrupt culture which seems to pervade ICANN and Afilias will be confirmed.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy