Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Ron_Bennett
Date/Time: Fri, October 12, 2001 at 10:47 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Subject: Thank You ICANN for Making .COM Domains More Valuable - Thanks again :-)

ICANN-

Your organization fouled up the .INFO and .BIZ TLD launches more than I ever thought possible - I couldn't have done it any better if I'd tried. As a result you have saved us many individuals, businesses, governments, etc who operate services in the legacy gTLDs (.COM, .NET, .ORG) much money - no need for us to register duplicate domains in every new TLD when they are poorly managed, unreliable, and unpopular with the public.

And as an added benefit, any new TLDs that come down the pike will be tainted and present relatively little threat and thus saving all of us even more money - but really ICANN, we both know the deal here...the introduction of new TLDs was designed to fail - real businesses, etc already have the domains they need in the legacy gTLDs and/or can afford to acquire the domains they need - there's really no need to add TLDs other than to make it look like ICANN was doing something, while in reality just maintaining status quo.

Thanks again ICANN :-)

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy