Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Gregory W. Krajewski
Date/Time: Sun, October 21, 2001 at 5:29 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows 98
Subject: Image Online Design:  It's place in internet history  [something that will never be overlooked]

I don't think anyone could disagree with the fact that Image Online Design supporters have been active in DNS issues, whether it's the At-Large membership program or New TLDs....

But did you know that the founders of Image Online Design have been actively involved in DNS issues well before the "White Paper" was officially recognized?

From a person who has studied the Domain Naming System, I can tell you their names are on the list of attendees for numerous IANA meetings whereby the future of the DNS was being discussed. 

What was very interesting was the way in which these meetings were conducted.  Something akin to the framing of the US constitutiton.  Although Dr. Postel, seemed to have the last say, he did ask for input from their various organizations.  I believe Dr Cerf even had his ear. 

Nonetheless their was a company called Image Online Design in the middle of all this.  On more than one occasion, Image Online Design's founder and current CTO made the comments:  Let's get our collective heads together, agree to disagree on things, but let's work together to get our work done in a timely manner.  If it hadn't been for that attitude, I can guarantee you new TLDs would not have come any sooner than they did.  I am going to go out on a limb here, but I really don't think you would have seen a dot info or biz role out this year if it hadn't been for the work of this company called Image Online Design.

Before you look to the future you have to look at the past and see who paved the way, who did the dirty work to get us to this point. As I have just stated, Image Online Design has always been in the thick of things.  Just as an example it is of no coincedence that it's CTO is posting on here trying to answer your questions when it seems like no one else will.

I realize the CTO of Image Online Design will be a little embarrassed by this posting, but after seeing him post on here, it got me to think about the past, and his role he had in formulating DNS policy.  This is no patronization, but dead on fact:  Mr. Ambler is our Benjiman Franklin.  I wish the board members would also strive to see themselves as framers as well, and give the people something to be proud of. 

Thank you Image Online Design. 

Gregory

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy