Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: InternetAdvocate
Date/Time: Mon, October 22, 2001 at 12:09 AM GMT (Sun, October 21, 2001 at 5:09 PM PDT)
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows NT 5.0
Subject: Rebuttal ...

"There is no real difference between me.web.com or me.webtld.com, or me.some-goody-nth-level-domain.com."

There is huge difference.  See the link below.

"Sounds like to me that the only person who would make tons of money in this scheme is the person who owned web.com and web.net."

Only if ICANN approves IOD as dot-web main-root registry soon after IOD purchased web.net from the owner.  Otherwise, IOD and IOD's clients [dot-web domain holders] would make more money.  And that would increase with delays in ICANN's approval [if ever].

I admit that buying web.com is costlier [and therefore probably less advisable] than buying web.net [as I indicated in other posts].

"Your idea is a losing proposition from every direction in which it is examined.  I am sorry that we obviously don't agree on this point.  If you are so keen on the idea, why don't you run out and buy web.com and web.net, and bypass IOD altogether?  After all, you stand to make tons of money!"

Maybe I would buy web.net if you'd round up venture capital for me.
Or maybe [for a consulting fee or royalty] I'll advise web.net owners to propose joint ventures with dot-web owners [bypassing IOD's involvement altogether, since IOD management lacks interest in helping increase their clients' revenues].

Link: Here's the value ...

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy