Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: spot
Date/Time: Mon, October 22, 2001 at 1:29 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Subject: Leopold must be stopped. If we can stop her by informing people with a Hawaii tm, we should.

Garry,

I agree that Barcelona style disputes are a terrible misjustice, but in this case I believe the Hawaiian authorities would be more deserved of the name than Leopold.

For a start, she did not get it legitimately. She got it fraudulently, and stooping even lower than other sunrise squatters, she abused her position of supreme responsibility as registry staff, to steal the name. Anyone taking the name from her would not be doing her an injustice, since she has no legitimate right to it. It should go back into the pool as a challenged name, but I doubt 100% it will. Therefore I want someone to challenge her- anyone.

I would like to see anyone but her have it, and in the absence of any honest, upstanding authorities in power, a possible solution would be to inform parties who may have at least some right to the name. The Hawaiian authorities would at least keep it for its own sake. She is only interested in its value, not its potential.

However I        

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy