Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Garry Anderson
Date/Time: Mon, October 22, 2001 at 8:50 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Subject: E6.2 - You have blown it ;-)

E6. Dispute Resolution.

E6.1. To what extent are you proposing to implement the Uniform Dispute Resolution Policy?

Image Online Design has adopted the ICANN Uniform Dispute Policy and will honor opinions from ICANN approved arbitration providers. Additionally, Image Online Design will comply with any court orders from courts of competent jurisdiction regarding any .Web domain registration.

I realize you have to suck up to ICANN to even get a chance of a look-in - you are being blackmailed, IMO.

E6.2. Please describe any additional, alternative, or supplemental dispute resolution procedures you are proposing.

Image Online Design is committed to improving the UDRP to ensure a proper balance between property rights and user's rights. To that end, we will actively participate in industry working groups addressing this pressing issue.

You have blown it - you say users have rights.

ICANN only pretend that we do - my informed and considered opinion is that this is ICANN propaganda for the masses that do not know any better.

Would you publically support a restricted TLD for trademarks

It would:

1. identify all registered trademarks - freeing domain usage from false charges of 'passing off' etc.

2. act as official directory

3. act as certificate of authentication

4. prevent 'consumer confusion'

5. prevent 'trademark conflict'

6. prevent 'passing off'

The logic is absolutely sound - please say if you disagree with me on any point.

Link: WIPO.org.uk

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy