Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: richard_henderson
Date/Time: Mon, October 22, 2001 at 9:33 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Subject: Actually Govinda Leopold has an explanation

Govinda Leopold has explained on an ICANN message board that Hawaii.info and Maui.info were actually submitted in error back in July when 1stDomainNet were running a test.

She then took steps to "undo" what had happened, but was told that it couldn't be undone.

What I find inexplicable (if you accept as plausible that someone filled in the fake numbers and sent it off as a Sunrise application by mistake) is that Afilias have failed to delete these names, when they KNOW it's their own Board Member involved, and when they know this is depriving honest people from having the domain, and... most significantly... when they have the contractual right to delete any name, especially where the details are wrong.

If Govinda Leopold is as innocent as she claims, shouldn't she at least insist that these names are deleted right away, so somebody honest can register them instead.

I just don't understand what Afilias are playing at. The same applies to Lorenz and Plankenstein, who have admitted all their 5000+ registrations are without Trademarks. Lorenz even BEGS Afilias and DomainBank 18 times to delete the names.

NOT to delete these names right away is disgraceful.

NOT to have deleted them BEFORE Landrush (so honest pre-registrants could have them) is outrageous.

Afilias KNEW in advance that Govinda Leopold's name applications were false, but they wouldn't release the names for the honest people.

I'd ask Afilias to respond to these honest fair comments - but they never do. They just stay silent. I'm sorry. I just don't understand these people. I teach my kids to own up and say sorry when they do something unfair. It's like these people don't inhabit the same planet. It's sick.       

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy