Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: richard_henderson
Date/Time: Sun, November 4, 2001 at 7:18 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Subject: In praise of a really good registrar

It's Sunday afternoon here in UK. The kids are playing, and the phone just rang.

It's Jim Archer, CEO of RegistrationTek. I've e-mailed him for some support with nameservers and other details. Out of all the names I applied for through him at Landrush I got precisely ONE.

But he's taken the trouble to make an International call on a Sunday to help me.

WOW!

He's friendly and affable and we chat. I've lost a vital piece of info. I search but can't find it (embarrassment). So he says, no trouble, he'll phone me back in 15 minutes. And he does.

I express gratitude, that he's gone to so much trouble for ONE guy with ONE domain. He just says that he wants the best for each of his customers, whether they're big or small.

He sorts my problems out and... the whole point of it... I now have a website up and running just the way I need it.

I've had contacts with many registrars in the past year. I've enjoyed the helpfulness and responsiveness of a few (I'd have to include Robert Connelly in that list - he was always incredibly responsive).

Jim Archer provides a service which in my experience costs a bit more but is worth every dollar.

What a difference to all those endless no-response phone numbers, unanswered e-mails, and general feeling so often of being "lost in space".

In case you're wondering, I've never met this guy, this is not an advertisement. But decent treatment deserves recognition in an industry where not everyone puts the customer first.

Richy               

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy