Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: richard_henderson
Date/Time: Fri, November 9, 2001 at 7:58 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Subject: Will Globedom registrars lose their accreditation?

I notice that Afilias-accredited registrar Globedom have been running what you might call "a family affair" in the Sunrise abomination...

Naseem Bhatti got the "Registrar Reserved" name for Globedom

Marianne Bhatti got: aktien.info, bau.info, immobilien.info, mode.info, rechtsanwalt.info using their family e-mail but all kept on the Globedom servers

And Martina Wagner, supplying exactly the same family e-mail, got: energie.info, gesundheit.info, presse.info, versicherung.info, wasser.info, wein.info

Their friend Gertraud Brandauer also got: auto.info, kino.info, recht.info, reise.info, strom.info, werbung.info, wetter.info, wirtschaft.info

Since all of these "in the family" Sunrise registrations were submitted with supposedly plausible Trademark details, I wonder if Naseem Bhatti of Globedom would now like to confirm that the TM details he submitted are genuine. As I've done a little research of my own, I'd be VERY interested to hear his response.

I'd also like to ask Afilias: if it turns out that Globedom have cheated your own systems, will you promise to repeal their accreditation? How can honest customers be safe, if the registrars YOU recommend turn out to be cheats?

But then, Afilias is the company whose own CEO Hal Lubsen was connected with charging $13000 to cheat his own system, when he submitted 91 names with "NONE" in the place of all Trademark data. So I suppose you could say, "It's all in the family", and what does it matter if honest customers get ripped off?

Laughing all the way to the bank...       

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy