Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: InterNetAdvocate
Date/Time: Wed, December 12, 2001 at 11:58 AM GMT (Wed, December 12, 2001 at 4:58 AM PDT)
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows NT 5.0
Subject: Any Domain you register under these GTLDs are subject to ICANN's dispute resolution policy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Internet Requests For Comment (RFCs) state a policy of first come, first served with regards to the registration of Domain names. The RFCs define additional restrictions governing who may register with regards to certain Top Level Domains (gTLDs).
The recently created Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) under the authority of the US Commerce Department, in effect has stripped these requirements in favor of a contract between ICANN and the registrant (you) entitled the Uniform Domain-Dispute Resolution Policy. Although you are now permitted to Register in any of the following gTLDs (.com, .net, and .org), any Domain you register under these gTLDs are subject to the terms of ICANN's dispute resolution policy, which effectively strips domain registrants of their right to defend such property while benefitting larger organizations which, at their convenience, may seek to pillage registrants' domains. Registrants have little choice in the matter, and are responsible for knowing the terms of this policy, which can be found in ICANN's UDRP.

All other domains registered with The PacificRoot are not subject to aribitrary theft under the terms of ICANN's UDRP, and with regards to domain disputes instituted by third parties, only those entities that are found to be infringing upon the trademark rights of others, by due process and in a court of law, will be forced to relinquish their domains and only then by court order - as long as the contact information you provide is not fraudulent!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I n t e m e t A d v o c a t e  is _not_  I n t e r n e t A d v o c a t e.  [Note that m looks like r n in I n t e m e t.]  This warning is needed, due to a fraudulent poser IntemetAdvocate using my name in the Real Name field and trying to pose as me InternetAdvocate.

Link: www.pacificroot.com/register.shtml

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy