Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: antipodes
Date/Time: Mon, December 17, 2001 at 8:44 PM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.74 using Windows 98
Subject: I have only had a few dealings with RegistrarsAsia.  I gave

up waiting for them to come on stream with an exclusive cueue for .info in the leadup to the .info Sunrise.  I think they got their .info approval late.  I didn't buy any more Landrush preregs after SpyProductions first email recommending that to have any chance of the Landrush name we wanted, we had better submit a fraudulent Sunrise application.

I did do business with RegistrarsAsia when Afilias went down on the first or second day of live registrations.

I figured that when Afilias had its Mac on the floor in bits, registrations had become a lottery again and I placed orders with a number of Australian registrars which included RegistrarsAsia, WebCity and NameScout for a couple of names I particularly wanted.

RegistrarsAsia and Webcity did the business and both were very professional and courteous when I did follow up business with them.

I have contacted NameScout several times and am still waiting for "the check in the mail" for the name they didn't register for me when Afilias was down but for which I had paid.

"Stupid or corrupt" to go into business with Afilias - you know my assessment of Afilias, I wouldn't recommend anyone do business with an outfit which produced the fiasco of the .info launch, but I don't know the nature of the deal the pair of them have done, or the nature of the inducement that Afilias made have offerred.

I must hope that RegistrarsAsia wants to be in business for the long haul and build a profitable business on a good reputation.  I wouldn't have thought anyone would have sought out Afilias Ltd. as a partner at this point in time.  But that is just my opinion.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy