Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: richard_henderson
Date/Time: Thu, December 20, 2001 at 8:41 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Subject: Agree with you Garry - the main problem...

There's been absolutely no line of accountability going down the line from >>> Congress >>> Subcommittee on Telecommunications and the Internet >>> ICANN >>> Afilias >>> Registrars like DomainBank, Speednames, Yesnic, Joker etc

This inaction leads any rational person to suppose complicity, because no-one's going to tell me anyone down the line was "unaware"!

From starting off believing the best of most of these people, I have come round to agreeing with you Garry. There is conscious deliberate corruption at work here, for a variety of reasons and purposes.

You have to home in on the top for the real motives, because it is the top - the real power-brokers - who at any stage could blow the whistle on various issues if they so chose... and they don't

I find it hugely demoralising to encounter corporate and governmental corruption so near to the centre of a great power like America, and it reeks of a culture that I don't like the smell of. I think the ordinary American people are admirable, always have done. But I'm deeply disturbed to conjecture that power invites arrogance and corruption and arbitrary caprice... or rather, self-interest       

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy