Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: antipathy
Date/Time: Wed, January 2, 2002 at 10:32 AM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.74 using Windows 98
Subject: a new year - but the same battle - community action against

those in high places abusing their authority.

I think the odds are stacked against us, those of us who are aware of the corruption of the DNS regulatory authority ICANN, but I am as sure as hell, those of us who have declared our refusal to accept current and future abuses will stand together in 2002 in order to widen public knowledge of what ICANN would like to keep secret.

I am hopeful that 2002 will see public revelation of the corruption of the DNS system and business under the short stewardship of ICANN.

Of one thing I am certain, if the likes of the energetic posters at this forum give up the fight or if they are silenced, then the self-interested opportunists who currently run ICANN for their own short term gain will increase their influence and diminish the participation of and benefits for the general public, the broad Internet community.

Trying to finish on a positive note, with regard to our community action against the powers that be in ICANN and perhaps its associated US authorities, I am reminded that mighty oaks from tiny acorns grow.

Very best wishes for the New Year Garry.

John

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy