Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: rachelmacgregor
Date/Time: Sun, January 6, 2002 at 3:30 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Subject: Registrars.com gives me back my money but won't let me have it...!!!

Just a question to the peanut brains at registrars.com, if any of their cranially-challenged staff are lurking on this forum.

They've just sent me an e-mail telling me that as they did not submit a list of my paid-for pre-registrations (because of Sunrise .info frauds and .biz legal shambles) they are crediting me $400 for the money I paid for "nothing".

But they then go on to tell me that I can only spend that credit on buying domains through them...

This is a bit of a laugh, as they've been taken over by Verisign/NetworkSolutions and you can't even buy domains at the Registrars.com site

They say I'll be able to spend my "credit" on domains "sometime in the week of January 8th" but I'm presuming I'll have to pay NetSol prices (eg $70 a domain - which is the biggest scam in the universe when you can get them elsewhere for a tenth of the price)

What I really want to know from Registrars.com is this:

If I deserve my money back (because by their own admission, they never submitted my pre-registrations) then why why why can't I just have my money???

Is this another example of accredited registrars abusing their customers, are Verisign party to this, and what does ICANN say about registrars acting like this?

I paid for a service. They admitted they did NOTHING. Provided NOTHING. They admit that I deserve $400 credit. But only if I spend my money with them, so they get it back again.

Like I said, nobody polices this rogue industry.

Reply from ICANN please.       

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy