Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: antipathy
Date/Time: Sat, February 9, 2002 at 10:43 AM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.74 using Windows 98
Subject: there were some honest registrars in the .info launch, but

they must have wondered why the hell they had leagued themselves with a mob of cowboys of the calibre of the Afilias Ltd. cartel.

I suspect the honest registrars must also have shaken their heads the way the scammed Sunrisers and Landrushers did when it became apparent that the .info launch was "an abomination" and wondered about being thought guilty by association due to the too many instances of hyenas with their ICANN Registrar's Licence to Scam taking money for nothing.

I don't know what it will take to change things, other than the broad public glare of the facts of the conduct of those who run ICANN and Afilias Ltd. and far too many registrar businesses, but I hope that the current era of maladministration of the DNS and the ICANN Registrar's Licence to Scam will end as soon as possible and be regarded as a Dark Ages from which the Internet community emerges with the interests of the broad community always taken into account and the executive of the DNS regulatory authority always accountable. 

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy