Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: DomeBase
Date/Time: Tue, February 19, 2002 at 4:32 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V6.0 using Windows NT 5.0
Score: 5
Subject: how long for .info?

For my two cents, .info is pretty much frozen while the best names are in Sunrise challenge/litigation limbo.  We need some folks to spend time and effort and money to develop the best names  before .info will take off; folks are not making this investment if they are not sure if they can keep their Sunrise name.  This may well happen once the names are released... either directly to people who will make good use of them or indirectly to them through secondary auction markets.  My prediction is that by this Summer many of the good names will finally find their way to people who will actually use them (!) (Gee... do I sound like Dan T. here?  He is a refreshing good fellow!).  Anyway, if the good names get good development and maybe even some advertising, then the rest of the .info's may start to rise along with 'em.  I think that by Fall '02 .info's will start to be on the radar screen of the general public.  A year late, perhaps, but better late than never.  Right now, few people but speculators (and perhaps New York transit riders?) have heard of .info.  I do not think that it will ever equal .com, but perhaps up to 1/3 to 1/2 importance of .com in a couple years?  Just my two cents.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy