Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Gregory W. Krajewski
Date/Time: Sat, February 23, 2002 at 5:24 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Has anyone ever thought to create a Dot biz directory....or a dot info for that matter..

It would be kind of cool to start organizing these gTLDs...kind of like Yahoo did with the dot coms in the early days....
I think Yahoo, in my humble opinion was probably the entity which lit the fire to the "dot com" era...If you think about it...before they came along finding what was out there was pretty difficult....As it will be finding dot biz and dot info sites right now....

Granted search engines will start getting some of the better optimized dot biz and dot info sites near the top under a particular category in time(unless sponsor paid)...but what about right now....

Would be cool to have a biz only search engine, or a dot info engine...Just an idea for anyone that may have a little time on their hands...If someone does try to build something along these lines the URL probably would get mentioned in various media sites if it got big...Which I think it could...There are probably in the neighborhood of 175,000 to 200,000 dot info sites up already with the early release (DISCLAIMER:  Based on educated guess--1/4 of what was sold--Not a expert opinion)...I am not sure about dot biz operational sites.

BTW:  My http://www.mountrushmore.info is up...It's only a splash page right now (with link to content), but in time will be a fully integrated info website (on it's own)...My Bikers.biz site is next.     

Link: Mount Rushmore

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy