Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Gregory W. Krajewski
Date/Time: Sat, February 23, 2002 at 6:11 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Differentiation will be the key to getting new TLDs recognized

Just another reason for a dot biz only SE or dot info SE...

This would raise awareness to a "controlled awareness level" (CAL) (krajewski, 2002). A (CAL) is a phenomenom whereby visitors to your site will first become aware of your site through a search engine...after repeated visits...they eventually remember your URL (whether it is .net/.org/.com)or they book mark it....

For the consumer they don't really care what the URL is (at first) only that they get the best info or product when they go to a site....WE DO care those of us in biz-ness or running a info site...We want the consumer to remember our address (the first time)....

The best way in getting the consumer to remember your URL is to differentiate yourself...IT becomes harder when your is in a sea of dot coms.

Of course I don't advocate people only relying on a "exclusive SE" (ESE)(krajewski, 2002) as you should submit your site to as many SE's as possible....What I am suggesting is that it would be nice have a (ESE) that would bring exclusive awareness to the different operational websites under the dot biz or dot info banner...

Under the ESE scenario the (CAL) would be much higher then if they were to get to your site through a normal SE venue...Which in the long run would only help the promotion of the new TLDs...which in turn would differiante your brand under one of the new TLDs.

You will be hearing that word more and more often in the coming years:  Differentiate.  You just have to figure out how to do it...It tough going it alone....hence the reason for my suggestion on an ESE....    

Regards,

Gregory 

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy