Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: richard04
Date/Time: Sat, March 9, 2002 at 9:51 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: On the subject of Scotland.info .....

This domain was first registered to Sallie Mae.

Then it was challenged and transferred to Ken Cochran.

Next it was registered to Atlantic Networks with a Brazilian Trademark.

And on the Shadow Whois, the Trademark has changed to the Trademark of yet another country (EH whatever country that is).

What is the Afilias and ICANN policy on the allocation of country names, and where do nations like Scotland or Tibet stand in all this? And what about American States? And what about Hawaii.info?

And what about country names in their French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Danish, Inuit versions?

And are Scotland.info and Schottland.info going to be offered in Landrush 2 (as seems to be suggested) - because I have already paid a lot of money for pre-registrations for them in Landrush 1 (as I planned to make a Tourist Information site)?

And why in some cases do I have to pay the same companies all over again, when they have already charged me "for nothing" in Landrush 1, taking my money to apply for these names, but never actually applying for them?

Again: why is Schottland.info being offered by Afilias for registration in Landrush 2, if country names are not being released? I think these names SHOULD be available to all, but the policy seems to be confused, and the distribution of these names is shambolic.     

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy