Return to newtlds Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Voice Of Reason
Date/Time: Sat, June 24, 2000 at 1:19 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Facts

What makes one poster sick makes another poster well.  It is the choice of "medicine" which can very well determine the outcome of an illness.

A "dose" of Reality:  There are already New TLDs being operated as gTLDs.  ICANN's Proposals are already in effect without having been decided on by ICANN.  Take "two pills" and call me:  Just don't call me Stupid.  .web is a logical choice.  .info is a logical choice.  .whatever could be a logical choice.  Not for me personally, but, someone may find it their "therapy" of choice.  Go for it.  Make it a gTLD.  I'm for it. 

Why do the ones who are against .web so radically against it?  I have read the posts on this forum.  It contains pros and cons for most topics.  NOT simply .web or .whatever.  Might it be that .web is the "medicine" a lot of people would like to see as a REALISTIC antidote for .com.  IF the web is to expand Logically and Realistically, why not let "the natural, well known, proven remedy" of .web come on line as it stands?  Why not let .whatever come on line?

People:  Let's get a grip here.  It does NOT matter anymore.  The Country TLDs are being used as gTLDs so, why not just get it done ICANN?  Make the Announcement in July 2000. 

Sincerely,
VOR

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy