Return to newtlds Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Gregory Krajewski
Date/Time: Mon, July 10, 2000 at 11:58 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: My Point was lost---It's the Economic Impact gTLD's will have!!!!

My point wasn't about confusion.....It was about the economic impact of the new gtlds....I was adding a little humor to illustrate my very minor point that new gtld's will not confuse anyone as dot net and dot org (although originally supposed to be for nets and orgs) do not confuse the populace currently....I think IP lawyer said it best...the gtld's that would cause confusion to the dot com's are the cc's and co's as the TLD themselves are what actually distinguishes a link (am I right---when someone goes to type a name in their browser window)...ALso DOT COM are supposed to be superior right?  and one can even get to their website by merely typing in the name in the browser window (without the http://www....com)---if you have Microsoft Explorer 3.0 or higher....So hopefully noone will lose the big picture (the economic factors)...Trying to pick up something from my comments that is not there...well....then I would say your fishing...and good luck.....P.S Thanks FNORD for the best wishes with my website...I wish you the same in what endeavors you go after too...

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy