Return to Proposed Revisions to NSI Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: cgrady
Date/Time: Fri, March 2, 2001 at 8:23 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows NT 4.0
Score: 5
Subject: NAZI Germany Relived by .ORG Owners

I don't mean to downplay the severity of the atrocities committed against the Jewish population by drawing this parallel. But the similarities between what ICANN is doing with .ORG and what NAZI Germany did to the Jewish people in WWII has been lurking in the back of my mind since I first discovered the plans for .ORG

In 1935 the Jewish people lost their right to vote and had to use separate seats in buses and parks. (It seems that our ICANN votes mean as much as if we never voted at all. They seemed to have made no difference as the OUR publicly elected officials seem to have absolutely NO voice in these matters)

In early 1939 Jewish tenants were kicked out, and those who owned property were forced to leave. They were forced out of their homes as well.

Sadly, I feel that we are witnessing a less severe version of this with what ICANN is trying to do with .ORG.

Again, I don't mean to downplay the atrocities that the Jewish population endured. But human rights are never taken away with one fell swoop; they are taken away one small piece at a time.

Also read my posting at:

http://forum.icann.org/cgi-bin/rpgmessage.cgi?nsi2001;3A9EC0D60000009A

Chris Grady
chris@vieodata.com
&
chris@grady.ORG

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy