Return to Proposed Revisions to NSI Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Populous
Date/Time: Sat, March 3, 2001 at 2:19 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows NT 5.0
Score: 5
Subject: Diagnosis: Jealous Bigot

*snip*
You must be rather thick. The US has no legitimate right to control the Internet. End of story. Full stop. Anything else is ranting. There is equally no suggestion that the UN should administer it. The UN is totally undemocratic and handing out the Internet to an undemocratic organisation is going to make things worse.
*snip*

OK, Lets talk sense here.  If I pay for something and let others use it does it automatically become theirs?  Why?  BTW you have never answered what country you are from.

*snip*
Re the French, you are the one without fact. I have already told you and this is a fact that the French cannot impose their laws onto other countries. All they are doing is apply their laws within their jurisdiction, just like any other country. I cannot understand why you are singling them out. You have the right to walk in the street with a gun, now, I find that offensive that it happens in a modern society. However, it is the American people's right to do whatever they like within their own soil.
*snip*

Of course you are offended.  The first things that the Soviets did in Eastern Europe were to disarm the populous.   The rest is a living hell example of what can happen when people are no longer given the right to defend themselves.  Sure it was good for SOME people.

*snip*
You are talking about the money your country is using on the Internet. That's because you are the biggest user. It's a user-pays system. But I have told you this is fading away. The user-pays side of the Internet has nothing to do with ownership. And if you want to get down and dirty on that one, tell me where your country got its wealth from. Would it be by raping the natural resources of third world countries by any chance? If you like the big picture, get the whole picture.
From what you say in your previous post, you have no idea what the Internet is. It's not something that you fit into a building and point to with an inflated chest saying "this is mine".
*snip*

You are making broad sweeping accusations, because you CANNOT be specific.  If you are specific then you know you can be proven wrong.  Of course you do not want that to happen and as stupid as you are you have probably had this happen too many times for your over inflated ego to handle already.

*snip*
Don't talk about my ignorance, look at yours. The infrastructure of the Internet is mostly handled by private ventures. A lot of these ventures benefit from investments from non-US source.
*snip*

How much benefit, lets talk percentages and actual companies please.

*snip*
Don't tell me that you've gone around every corporation and worked out what proportion of their capital was US-based.
*snip*

The development and the implementation of the Internet was funded by the US Government.  You think we should now give it too you for nothing because YOU are selfish and 'ME, ME, ME'.

*snip*
The Internet is magic because it brings dickheads like you into the open. With every single post you make a fool of yourself. You've talked about everything, including the French Vichy governerment, to avoid the core issues:
*snip*

Actually you have not made any significant claims on ANY of my arguments, you have backpedaled a little on some issues and ignored others.  I used the French as an example because they recently made a ruling that I think is the epitome of why the US should not lose control of the Internet and thus the Internet lose free-speech.  If you havent noticed there is a LOT of anti US feeling on the Internet but my Government is not trying to quash it.  Please tell us what magical country you live in bigot.

*snip*
1) ICANN is unrepresentative
*snip*

Yes I agree.  That is why it must be stopped.

*snip*
2) ICANN is undemocratic
*snip*

Yes I agree, it is the move towards UN Control and just the tip of what I expect if you get YOUR way.

*snip*
3) The USA has no right to steel the control of the Internet. They must submit
their so-called control to proper democratic processes.
*snip*

Again if I build something and SHARE it why should I not maintain control of it.  And how can we steal something we own?  You have never answered THAT question.

*snip*
Don't forget that in theory, America is a great democracy. In reality, it is, hmmmm, a little flaky in that department. It's the 7/11 of democracy, the convenience democracy. "Everyone is equal but we are little more equal than the others" should be your motto.
*snip*

Again the bigoted anti-American drivel, you are so predictable.  You have been trained well to hate. 

Issues you did not respond on:

1.) What country YOU are from.
2.) I asked for SPECIFICS from your seeds of India story.  Please provide.if you have any!
3.) Why The main instrument of world communication CANNOT be owned by cowboys who have no other purpose in life than ripping people off on the stockmarket by making their stock go up and down like a yoyo.  (Sounds like some idiot lost money in the stock market to me and is now looking for someone else to blame)  CANNOT?  Please explain.
4.) Why my countries government is calling ICANN on the carpet and yours (Unless you are some American child) is not able to do that?

TTFN,

-Populous

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy